Do I Need a Dedicated Computer To Run My Digital Signage?

This is where you can ask questions and get answers regarding how all the pieces of a video messaging system should be configured. A representative will attempt to respond to all posts within one business day.

Moderator: Amy-StrandVision

Patrick -Online-kiosks

Do I Need a Dedicated Computer To Run My Digital Signage?

Post by Patrick -Online-kiosks »

This answer to this question depends on your digital signage application and proximity to another computer.

Scenario 1: A bank wants to display mount a plasma screen near the receptionist desk to welcome customers to the bank and display loan information and interest rates. If the receptionist's computer was close enough to the screen, one could install a new video card in the existing computer. This video card would have two VGA outputs, one for the computer monitor and one for the plasma screen. A dedicated computer would not be needed.

Scenario 2: A medical office wants to have a plasma screen mounted in their waiting room for patient education. In this case, we would recommend a dedicated computer for ease of installation and because of the distance from other computers in the building.

Additionally, should you want to display animations or video, a dedicated computer is required.

Please contact with any questions about computer hardware requirements and setup.